Hall Of Fame
The MPA:UK Hall of Fame for Winter Guard United Kingdom (WGUK)
was launched in 2017 and is where the legends of the UK Winter Guard activity are remembered for the indelible impressions they have left on the UK activity.
The nomination period
for 2018 will open in January 2018
Click here for the list of Hall
of Fame members
How to nominate a candidate for the WGUK Hall Of Fame
Anyone can nominate a candidate for the WGUK Hall of Fame
by submitting a letter of nomination addressed to the Hall of Fame Chairperson, following these guidelines:
Any person who writes a letter of nomination cannot write any other letters of nomination or support in one year. Any person who writes a letter of support for one person cannot also write another letter of support or nomination for any other nominee in the same year. No person may write more than one letter of nomination or one letter of support in any one year.
1. Include the complete name, address, home and work telephone numbers for the candidate you are nominating.
2. Explain why you feel this candidate should be considered for membership in the Hall of Fame. Please limit your response to two pages or less.
3. Please document:
a. The background this person has in the Winter Guard activity.
b. This person’s contribution to WGUK.
c. This person’s example for Winter Guard members.
d. Reasons for Nomination - Their contribution should be substantial either by the length of commitment or through the unique contribution made in the artistic standards, administrative, leadership, or adjudication.
It should be noted that this is recognition for the overall activity and not for recognition for individual Guards and the nomination must reflect this or it will be rejected.
4. In your nomination letter, include YOUR name, address, home and work phone numbers along with your signature and the date you completed and submitted this letter. Signatures should be included on all letters of nomination and support. If it is not possible to scan and send these letters with actual signatures, it is permissible for letters of nomination and support to be submitted with typed names as long the letters are also accompanied by other means of contact such as phone, mobile phone, or email.
5. Contact up to four (two minimum) additional people and ask that they write a letter in support of your candidate. It is perfectly acceptable to have two or three letters of support. In no case, should anyone have more than four letters of support. If there are more than four letters of support, the chairperson reserves the right to only use four letters. All supporting letters must be collected and submitted at one time by the nominator. Nomination presentations and all supporting documentation must be received on or before the end of the open nomination window for each year. Please refer to additional information provided below for nomination submission guidelines.
6. Nominations and letters of support MUST be e-mailed as an attachment on or before the end of the open nomination window for each year for the attention of the Hall of Fame Chairperson at
email@example.com. Email allows for the most efficient processing and distribution of material to our Hall of Fame
7. Letters (nominations & letters of support) should each contain a phone number and/or email address of the author in case the Hall of Fame selection committee wishes to contact any person submitting letters.
8. A reminder, the person who coordinates the nomination MUST collate the letter of nomination and accompanying letters of support and submit them all at once. These must be e-mailed all at the same time for proper processing. All items (letter of nomination and up to four letters of support) can be attached to the e-mail, or can be sent in multiple emails on the same day. Any more than the maximum of four letters of support will be discarded at the Hall of Fame Chairperson's discretion.
9. Any questions regarding the Hall of Fame or the nomination process should be addressed to the Hall of Fame Chairperson